1. It is a platform which is built solely for all the students of the SVNIT to share their research works (ranging from research internship to conferences and paper publication) and also view their fellow researcher's projects and work. This creates a platform for connecting the students, based on their research work, within the institute as well as at Inter-institute level. This bolsters the fame of the Institute (this work has been inspired from a similar kind of work done by few prestigious Institutes)
2. It can also be used as a database, by the administration of the institute, to collect the information about the research publications and activities being carried out at the student level and hence would prove helpful in providing the relevant data to MHRD for NIRF ranking.
3. This could also be extrapolated or linked with the TnP section where companies could be invited to browse through the wide range of research experience possessed by the students of SVNIT.
4. The website also showcases and gives a glimpse of the events conducted by the RIAC.
Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat is an institute of national importance since 1961, disseminating globally acceptable education, effective industrial training and relevant research output. SVNIT, Surat is home to several undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate students, relentlessly engaged in quality research work in multitudinous scientific and engineering subjects, dealing with Applied Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Applied Mechanics, Applied Physics, Chemical engineering, Civil engineering, Computer engineering, Electrical engineering, Electronics & Communication engineering and Mechanical engineering. Thus, the Research and Innovation Affairs Council (RIAC) proudly presents the ‘Research Scholars' Website’. This portal is aimed at making available the research work being executed in the institute to all research enthusiasts and potential collaborators to connect with research scholars working in their respective field of interest and gain insight into the same. The portal also engenders a platform to foster the research involvement of young talents.
1. All students of SVNIT who've been involved in a research project/ internship and have project reports, papers, articles, etc delineating their research activity shall register on the registration portal available in the website. This includes all B. Tech., M. Tech., MSc. and PhD students.
2. Registration is done using their admission number.
3. Students are then required to enter their project details such as its title, author(s), abstract, type of project and provide a link to the same, if any.
4. Students can also find out about other projects of interest by using the Search feature available on the website. They can search by keywords, academic programme and/or branch. This helps them find and connect with people working on a similar field of interest.